Monday, January 30, 2023

POST #3


The click is not just a sound produced by the mouse?


Have you ever heard someone making sounds while speaking?

I do not mean the utterance of words per se. I am referring to clicks of the tongue between one word and another, clicks within sentences. If it is something new for you, WELCOME. We have several languages of clicks. All of them developed on the African continent, in which the clicks fulfill their function as consonants in any language. Let's get to know the Xhosa language.

Xhosa has important roots as a tribe and is one of the official languages of Africa. It should be noted that the fact that it is an official language does not mean that it has the largest number of speakers. The advantage that speaking this language in the country can provide is that it will give some advantages in some areas. Those involved in fields such as various genres of literature and film. South Africa is also known for its incredible cuisine, which refers to high-quality wines.

In this language, the tone in which it is pronounced is important because otherwise, the words can be confusing as it is a tonal language. The sounds produced by the tongue and palate can be related to the noises normally made to stimulate horses (if we are looking for a reference). In fact, if you are reading Xhosa without clicking on the beginning of this word, I'm telling you we did it wrong. This language processing alphabet is quite familiar to Spanish speakers, the Latin alphabet. However, the main influence on the Xhosa language comes from the media, with English and Afrikaans being two of the main languages from which the Xhosa language is derived. There are three types of clicks used in this language: "c "for dental clicks, "x" for lateral ones, and "q" for postalveolar one


What do you think about clicking while talking? Did you know about this language before?






1 comment:

  1. I think this language would be amazing to learn, I thought clicking referred to something based on sounds with our hands, but it comes from the mouth. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post #8

  Words that are difficult to use Today, I've decided that we're going to talk about Goodbyes. I can start writing how the word is...