Monday, February 20, 2023

Post #6

 What language is spoken in all countries and yet in none of them?

It sounds like a riddle to which, I don't know about you, but I didn't have the answer. Today we are going to meet the so-called spy language, Esperanto.

A planned language that has been growing year after year. 

While I was learning about Esperanto, which is the most spoken artificial language. I found it curious that it was created by a Polish ophthalmologist. "Nothing personal". He called the language at first <<universal language>> because it was expected to be, then he changed the name. The alphabet used by this language resembles the Latin alphabet but includes 6 letters with diacritical accents (ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ, and ŭ). Moreover, the letters 'Ñ', 'Q', 'W', 'X', and 'Y' disappears from common nouns. It has 16 grammatical rules without exceptions to any kind and a very accessible conjugation system (verb tenses do not change according to person or number, and there are no irregulars). 

Now, while I was reading, I had a question, Does Esperanto give me hope for a better future? Because I feel that the name rings a bell because of the translator. Which for me means that it is known and important. "I have to be honest at this point, in Spanish I like this question better since Esperanto and Esperanza sound similar -don't blame me sometimes it makes me laugh too easily-" Well, the answer is no "for me, you can be masters of your own ways", it is the most spoken planned language, but it still doesn't fulfill its purpose of being the universal one. So, I think there are more practical languages to learn, however, it is still an interesting language that is acquiring more speakers every day. If you find it interesting, do it, create your own path and your own opinion.


Do you think you are capable of inventing a language? Once, when I was a child, I tried and wrote nonsense words. I thought it was the best investment of my time, I forgot the words and where I had written them. That was the end of my planned language, which never saw the light of day. 

How about you? Tell me about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #8

  Words that are difficult to use Today, I've decided that we're going to talk about Goodbyes. I can start writing how the word is...